Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day ruiner and timey wimey stuff

When you are in a hurry to get to class because you have a test, and are trying to keep all the information you just studied locked inside your brain until you get there. Someone in a brightly colored ill fitting T-shirt, with words trying very hard to be clever and intriguing, plastered across the front. Steps toward you urgently with a smile so forced it's frightening and says,
"Excuse me miss, do you have a moment to help children in need?"
Then as she stared at me, clutching her clipboard for dear life I said,
"Um sorry, no"
And as I walked away I felt quite certain I was the most despicable human being to draw breath. And to make matters worse she had broken my unwavering focus on my test.
People should not be able to do that to you. It's like a serial self esteem killer. And an instant day ruiner. That probably sounds really selfish and horrible. But considering I am now the most despicable human being ever to draw breath. It's very much in character.

History professor says history is rarely a case of cause to effect, or point A to point B. his point was that history has many causes and a lot of people and events intertwined. I had the overwhelming urge to add that "People assume history is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non linear non subjective view point it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey... Stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment