Wednesday, August 28, 2013

life and egg rolls

So today at work a kid puked on the floor and I had to clean it up and no one said thank you. And that's a pretty good summary of my life right now.


Also we had people over so mum was making sandwiches which I couldn't eat. So I heated up a gluten free egg roll, but I didn't want to eat in front of our guests because their sandwiches weren't ready yet, but I was also super hungry. So I grabbed my egg roll and ended up awkwardly hiding from our guests in Daniel's room  eating an egg roll.

And just today I wasn't feeling well due to the massive amount of drugs i'd had in my system today and the day before to keep me from feeling the raw bloody gashes in my mouth where there used to be teeth. So I convinced my Father, who was working from home, to go get me a smoothie.

I would have gotten one myself except my Mother insisted on following the directions printed on my medication bottle and had forbidden me from driving myself anywhere lest my slowed reaction time and scrambled brain would cause me to kill myself in a car crash.

I received a massive strawberry smoothie.

I drank part of it and put the rest in the freezer

*15 minutes later*

I went to pull the rest out of the freezer and the devious traitorous styrofoam cup ripped in my hands and dumped smoothie all over packages of chicken and frozen vegetables that made up the inside of the freezer!


This may not seem like a big deal, but to my drug addled and overly emotional brain it was like watching everything you ever loved tumble into a pit of freezing cold doom. I stared in shock at the ripped styrofoam cup in my hands which had so callously betrayed my trust.

Luckily my indulgent Father had gotten me  a massive smoothie and I was relieved to find there was still more than enough strawberry goodness in the cup.

 My job at a grocery store has conditioned me to quickly clean up messes, and not to panic when faced with spilled food, shoplifters, the police, or flirty 50 year old firefighters. So  I was able to clean up the smoothie in the freezer....although I fear our freezer will be sticky for eons to come….

todays gifs:
tumblr_m67e422dKK1r5r8duo9_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mpp1hiQPpK1r331r3o3_250.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment