Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Weird Creature Things

So at work me and a coworker were discussing the amazing life changing spectacular movie that is Star Trek Into Darkness. And when another coworker heard us she said:

"Star Trek? Ew. Its a space movie right? I don't watch anything with weird creature things in it."
"Aliens are gross!"

And it made me aware of just how much of my life has "weird creature things in it". Yeah pretty much all of it.  So therefore I shall make a list. Because that's what I do.

1.) Let's start at the beginning, with Narnia, which made elementary school me completely at ease with talking animals centaurs and fauns.

2.) Moving on to Lord of the Rings which introduced Jr. High me to elves, dwarves, orcs, hobbits and my favorite, gollum/smeagol.

fanpop.com

3.) Lets not forget Harry Potter which gave me dragons, house elves, hippogriffs, and scary mermaids.
4.) Starwars, one of the first movies I remember watching and there are literally hundreds of alien species in the Starwars galaxy. And my family may or may not own a book about all of them. My personal favorite's are the ewoks. Fun fact! I own an ewok backpack which I named Wilhelm Wundt after the psychologist.

5.) Doctor Who, anyone who says aliens are gross clearly has not met a this Galifreyan. This show also introduced me to an abundance of alien species.



I AM THE QUEEN OF WIERD CREATURE THINGS!!!! I HAVE A CARDBOARD CUT OUT OF AN ALIEN IN MY ROOM!!!!


The funny thing is, I realized as I was typing this is that the Star Trek movie did not have that many aliens in it. It did however have Benedict Cumberbatch! He was a lovely villain, and all fairytales need a good old fashioned villain.



















Todays gifs: 
tumblr_me5ybw8Br61qzc0gco1_250.gif
tumblr_m2y1v5pZto1r0qcnuo3_r3_250.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment