Saturday, September 7, 2013

MY BABIES!!!!!

I finally brought home the two Black Moor Goldfish that will live in the lovely aquarium that has taken me over a week to painstakingly research and prepare.

I decided to get Black Moor Goldfish after much online research, because they are supposed to be easy to care for and live a very long time. Also because all the articles described them as having big goggly eyes but poor vision and being slow awkward swimmers.
They sounded so sweet lovable and dorky that I knew they would be just the right fish for me.


Upon arriving at the pet store I found Catherine Tate, who looked like a lovely healthy specimen of an adult goldfish per all the articles I read.



I was disappointed at first because I wanted two of them and the only one I saw was Catherine but Pond pointed at a smaller baby Black Moor Goldfish all alone in a tank by himself.
I was aghast because in all my extensive research of this type of goldfish I had read over and over that these were social fish and you should never put them in a tank all alone!!!

He was rather pathetic looking, with a lopsided ungainly swim. The little runt was trying to get through the glass wall to the tank beside his, where a bunch of Fantail goldfish were frolicking amongst themselves.



This little fish was a complete wet sandwich but once I laid eyes on him I knew I was not going to be able to walk away and leave him to die alone in that tank. Call me a wimp but the thought of that little fish would have haunted me for days. You would think the-pet-store-that-shall-not-be-named would have done enough research to take better care of little Tom Hiddleston.


So, after asking a few questions of Tim the fish guy,  I asked to purchase these two fish. I was again horrified when I saw that they still used nets to trap the fish when all my articles had said that this method is antiqued and harms fish fins and that the proper procedure is to use a cup to gently scoop up the fish. I visibly flinched but made no comment because I didn't want to hurt Tim the fish guy's feelings because he seemed very nice.

My Babies, Tom and Catherine, are now situated in their new home and seem pretty content with their new surroundings. Even the little wet sandwich Tom has brightened up a bit in his new home. Catherine doesn't look bovvered at all.

After watching a few instructional youtube videos I discovered that you can train goldfish to eat pellet fish food from your hand! I plan to acquire some pellet food and try this out for myself!!

Todays gifs:
tumblr_mf72gjTsOZ1qcpsedo1_250.gif
tumblr_inline_mpae0sfEyE1qz4rgp.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment