Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lunch and Breakfast Club

You know you're an introvert when it's exciting that there's no one else in the break room during your lunch, because it means you can eat in peace without feeling like you need to make conversation.

If I still have to fake a smile and make small talk with people then it doesn't count as a break. It's only a break if I get to frown as much as I want and not talk to anyone.

Having to behave like Cinderella is very taxing, and wears me out a lot more than lifting a million 12 packs of soda. (curse buy two get one free Labor Day sales). If I was Cinderella the story would have gone a lot differently....
 Actually in all honesty if I was a princess it would go a lot like this....


So I watched the Breakfast Club and I cried..... I was sitting there watching this movie at midnight because I don't have good sleeping habits and the ending was so adorable there were tears in my eyes. I LOVED this movie!!

1.) It is a really well written social commentary about high school kids and how cliques work. While at the same time it's a really weird random movie that sometimes makes no sense and is hard to take seriously. One minute there's tears an a discussion about the unrealistic expectations faced by youth in America and the next minute there's a random dance sequence and climbing through the air vents into the library??

2.) You would never expect the jock to end up with the basket case or the princess to end up with the criminal...but it's the best most adorable ending ever and I have so many head cannons about what happened after that day.

But the absolute best thing about the whole movie was

THIS

SURPRISINGLY PHILOSOPHICAL 


EXTREMELY REBELLIOUS

 SO FULL OF ANGST

CLASSIC BAD BOY


WHO IS ALSO A BIT OF A DRAMA QUEEN
 NAMED JOHN BENDER

I fell so in love with this character. I mean he's an absolute jerk and he's rude and horrible and made princess Claire and brain Brian both cry and he was a complete hypocrite about judging people because he himself very loudly and harshly judged everyone around him.

But I couldn't not love the character because little by little you see how afraid and hurt he is. And he walks in that library very firmly believing in all these stereotypes (the princess, brain, jock and basket case). By the end of it I think after learning more about these kids and what their lives are really like, he knows everyone else has problems too.

Although discovering he wasn't the only person with problems seemed to make him unreasonably angry. Angry enough to make princess Claire cry. I haven't deduced why that is yet....

I was so sad it ended with that one day...I would watch a whole TV series about these characters. You can bet that my creative writing for school this semester will feature some Breakfast Club fan fiction.

Todays gifs
tumblr_msj6f8LE8B1ss3vkzo1_500.gif
tumblr_msitozOUNk1rx2175o1_500.gif
tumblr_mq3qjoL5Eu1r6lmn6o9_250.gif
tumblr_lzm2nm44g41qbl6qfo3_250.g

No comments:

Post a Comment